Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 00:20:14 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Lomax <L0max@bigpond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PPP keeps redialing!

Lomax wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've set up ppp and run it using ppp -alias -auto pmdemand on a system
> running FreeBSD 3.2 (NO X-Windows).

For one thing, you have a demand but not a pmdemand. Your's looks like
mine except for the 127.... I have 10.0.0.0 I also have a setup for
pppctl. I can use it to dial. I haven't tried bringing ppp up without
the auto and using my pppctl dial shell script to force the dial.

Are you running a DNS server or sendmail running. Something that would
do a query and force the dial. I don't and it only redials when I
bring up my e-mail program or setiathome has a WU to send to Berkeley.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA