Date:      Thu, 03 Nov 2005 09:49:17 +0000
From:      "gabriel n/a" <refractor_t@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PC card has no functions!

   Im sure that this problem has been solved before but looking through
   all the other posts i cant seem to find any information about it.

   i just installed freebsd 5.4 i386 on my old ibm thinkpad. now that im
   starting to get familiar with this new operating system i want to be
   able to access the internet but it will not connect. I have narrowed
   the problem down to a message which i get

   pccard1: Card has no functions!

   cbb1:PC Card card activation failed

   my ethernet card is a 3com megahertz 10Mbps lan 3cxe589et

   if you could help me I would appreciate it.