Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:35:36 +0000
From:      Ritwik Bhattacharya <ritwik@dbrci.blr.daimlerbenz.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, support@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3Com 3C595 NIC support

I have a FreeBSD box to which I've recently added a 3Com 3C595 NIC. I
noticed that the driver is present in my kernel (the vx driver), and the
pci controller is there too. It detects the card at boot time, but says
'No driver assigned'. Here is the relevant portion of dmesg :

pci0:10:    vendor=0x10b7, device=0x9055, class=network (ethernet) int a
irq 11 [no driver assigned]

What do I need to do to get the card working ? I've tried MAKEDEV pci,
but nothing happens. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

Ritwik Bhattacharya
Daimler Benz Research Center India       302 A Somerset Apartments
137, Infantry Road                                      18 MG Road
Bangalore 560 001                                Bangalore 560 001
India                                                        India

                         Tel  : +91 80 286 1722
                         Fax  : +91 80 286 1723
                Mail : ritwik@dbrci.blr.daimlerbenz.com