Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 15:56:57 mst7mst
From:      "Duke Normandin" <01031149@3web.net>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.3R boot manager

On 24 Nov 00 at 12:58, Mike Meyer wrote:

>Duke Normandin <01031149@3web.net> types:
>> Hi...again
>> wd0 = DOS wd1=3.3R
>> Some &^%$*ing how, I installed a boot manager on *both* drives. At
>> boot-time I get F1 DOS F5 Freebsd. I hit F5, then I get another menu
>> F1 Freebsd F5 (I can't remember). I of course want to keep the wd0
>> boot manager. How do I nuke the boot manager on wd1 -- or is the above
>> the correct behavior? Thanks...
>
>It's correct under the conditions you described, and some people
>prefer it (since you can then go back to the other drive). See the man
>page for fdisk to see how to install a standard boot manager on a
>drive, and boot0cfg for how to install the booteasy boot manager.
>
>    <mike

So I didn't screw it up after all.... good! Didn't know there was a man-
page for the standard boot manager -- I'll read it. Actually, I really
don't mind the way it is now -- I just thought that I somehow had gotten
carried away, because I had been having trouble installing the boot
manager using /stand/sysinstall. Thanks!

-duke
Calgary,Alberta, Canada