Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2000 23:14:31 GMT
From:      "Chris McNett" <chrismcnett@hotmail.com>
To:        babysealkiller@hotmail.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Slow Samba Client

I'm not sure, but smb has generally unpredictable speeds from computer to
computer. (I've had a windows network for years and have hated this
problem.)  The best way I have found to fix it is to mount drives.  I think
you should be able to do it using the smbmount command, but I'm not sure of
the syntax, so check out the manpages.

Hope that helps.