Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 18:38:03 -0700
From:      "wbs" <wbs@redrock.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ISP connection though-put

I'm looking for ideas on how to invetigate and fix this problem.

I have a FreeBSD gateway at home.  My ISP uses FreeBSD.  My connection
through the gateway is really slow compared to direct connect.  However,
connecting through the gateway to another ISP gets speeds comparable to
connecting directly to the various MS Windows PCs hat home.  There is
something about the relationship between my gateway machine and my ISP that
makes for slow going.   My ISP has not been of any help so far (hasn't even
called back).

What should I look for?  What tools are there to help diagnose this?