Date:      Sat, 21 Oct 2000 15:59:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Marco A. Barbosa S." <mabs@fciencias.ens.uabc.mx>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to install 2 PCI NICs that are the same?

hello...

I ran into a problem with a machine (pentium pro 200) that
had two NICs (one isa and one pci) but when I changed those to
a newer Pentium II machine, the isa card stopped working...
so I wondered if I could install 2 PCI cards in the same
machine easily... I did some checking out and I never saw
anything on the freebsd site... do I have to do something
special to the kernel? because there is only one entry for
that kind of NIC (fxp0 in my case)... I figured that maybe
I would have to add another entry, but I did not know if
there had to be something done to /dev to make it work
because just adding fxp1 to the kernel sounded to simple...

anyway... I remember someone else telling me that he had tried
to do something like that somewhere else and it did not work... so...

any help is appreciated.

thanks

Marco A. Barbosa S.