Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 16:09:37 -0400
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Install fails at Xwindows setup

	HI all.  Trying to install one of our machines over here and everytime I
go into the xwindows setup during the install everything works until it
tries to restart with the adjusted settings, says it failed, would I like
to try again, I tell it yes, it flashes the X with the spotted background,
goes blue and has some error message that asks me yes or no about something
so fast I can't read it, then it turns around and goes back to the X with
the spotted background then just dies there and I can't get out of it.

	Is there a way to set a default Xwindows setup so that it continues the
install anyways, so then I can come back later and fix it?  I'll fight with
Xwindows once It's fully installed, just getting there has proven a
challenge.  Here's the system specs.

Athlon XP 1700
Epox 8H7A+ with Raid (No raid configured however)
512m DDR 2100
Plextor CDr 12/10/32
Panasonic 16x DVD player
3x40gig IBM HD's
GeForce2 Pro 64m DDR
3com Anywhere Nic

	It's a workstation we're building for one of the execs but I can't seem to
get it past the setup part where we configure Xfree86 and Xwindows.  Any
suggestions is welcome.  Also, as a refresher (since I haven't done an
Xwindows install in years) where's the setup file for configuring Xwindows
just so I know I got the right one?  Thanks.

- The Raiden Knows

"Remember amateurs built the ark  -- professionals built the Titanic." -
Unknown

"Just when you think you have life figured out and all is going well, watch
your step, for you are about to fall." - Ancient Proverb