Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:32:38 -0700
From:      "Grover Lines" <grover@ceribus.net>
To:        "'Chris Laverdure'" <dashevil@sympatico.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: X.org 6.8

On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 11:49, Erik Trulsson wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 01:39:59PM +0200, Simon Strandman wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > X.org 6.8 was released earlier this day. Will it make it into 5.3?
>
> I don't think it is officially released yet, although I believe the
> release is scheduled for later today.
> It seems unlikely that it will make it into 5.3 since the ports tree
> has already been frozen in preparation for 5.3, and an update of X is
> so potentially disruptive that it seems unlikely that portmgr will
> allow the update before ports tree is tagged.

So you're telling me that I have to wait until AFTER FreeBSD 5.3-Release
to get X.org 6.8.0?

Just get the cvs of 6.8.0 or cvsup it from freedesktops cvsup server. I've
been running it in CURRENT for over a month and it works great. No hacking
necessary. It hasn't crashed on me once. I'm impressed.

--
Grover Lines