Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:23:01 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E4r_Thoren?= <t98pth@student.hk-r.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bridge

Hi!

If I understand bridging correctly I would have one interface on the
fbsd-bridge connected to the border router .1
The other interface, not configured with an ip, connected to a hub with
the rest of the boxes .3-.255=20
The interface to the border router should be assigned with an ip, let say
=2E2

   Internet
   ___|___
  |       |
  |  GW   |
  |_______|

   ___|___<---interface with an ip .2
  |       |
  |_______|
      |<---Interface not configured with ifconfig  =20

   ___|_________________<--Uplink on the hub disabled?
    _|__  _|__  _|__  _|__  <--- Protected Servers

/P=E4r