Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 1997 13:09:51 +0100 (MET)
From:      Mikael Karpberg <karpen@ocean.campus.luth.se>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.0-970124-SNAP: man page search order

According to J Wunsch:
> As Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> > >(I wonder what people would say if we now also came up with another
> > >set of man pages for already used names, for everything inside of
> > >Perl. :-)
> >
> > I think that would be a good idea.
>
> Hmm, if there's something i don't like about Perl, it's its man page/
> standard documentation.  Ideally, i'd love a short man page, and some
> longer HTML ref.  The same would probably hold for Tcl as well.  Look,
> the C compiler man page doesn't describe the entire C language
> either...

No, but it would be nice with a 'c' and/or 'c++' section with the full
ANSI specification in it, for reference when wondering some things. :-)
Would someone please set this up? Please? Pretty please? No? ;-)

It's a nice thought, at least...

# pkg_add c++-spec.tgz

Oh well... enough rambling... :-)
   /Mikael