Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:52:03 -0400
From:      Jud <judmarc@fastmail.fm>
To:        Poppa DooRight <fishcatchinman@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Operating Systems.

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:36:59 -0400, Poppa DooRight =

<fishcatchinman@hotmail.com> wrote:

> To whom it may concern,
>
> I am having to put together a presentation about FreeBSD for an Operat=
ing =

> System class.  This is due in early July.  The things I need to know a=
re:

> Hardware Supported,  Scalability,  Reliability,  Security,  Speed,  Ea=
se =

> of Use,  Maintainability,  Administration,  and the History of FreeBSD=
.

> Any information or questions about this presentation I am working on =

> please feel free to email me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul E. Hilliard

The FreeBSD web site is a source for a lot of information and a good =

starting point for a great deal more.  And you will find that Google and=
 =

Google Groups are your friends.

Try to find copies of "The Complete FreeBSD" by Greg Lehey, 3rd or 4th =

edition, and Ted Mittelstaedt's "FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide."

Since FreeBSD is free (shock!;), you could also try downloading, install=
ing =

and running it yourself in order to provide a personal perspective on =

things like speed and ease of use.

Jud