Date:      Sat, 2 May 1998 12:31:57 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How do you print large files.

I am using Netscape Communicator 4.0x, and when ever I try to print a site
that has a large number of graphics on it I receive the error "lpr: :copy
file is too large".

If I try to print this sites page:

http://www.disney.com/clubdisney/color_101dalm.html

the error will occur when printing is set for color, but if printing is set
to grayscale it will print.

Bellow are the file sizes for the above page:

Color:        1208504
Grayscale:   807129

If I try to print the 1.2M file ( lpr -Plaser test.ps ), I get the same
error "lpr: :copy file is too large".

I know I shouldn't print in color since the printer doesn't support it, but
if I print in grayscale and the file size is about 1.2M, how do I make lpr
accept files this large.  I tried modifying my printcap by adding "mx=0" for
unlimited file size and it didn't work.

Scot

P.S. please send replys to me as I am not on the list