Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 20:15:50 -0500
From:      Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Windriver, Slackware and FreeBSD

On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 06:04:11PM -0700, David Johnson wrote:

> BSD and Linux should compete on their merits, not on the basis of which
> side can spit the furthest. Windriver's actions probably did more to
> alienate the Linux community than it did to help the BSD community. A
> net negative.

As if we aren't already alienated enough. Trying to work with die-hard
users of any OS is sometimes very difficult. Even more so it seems for
Linux and FreeBSD users. When are people going to learn that every OS has it's
merits, and that if we can just stop trying to prove who has the larger
penis we could accomplish alot more then what we are currently.

--
Erich Zigler

We aim to please. Ourselves, mostly, but we do aim to please. -- Anthony
DeBoer