Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2013 09:53:05 -0500
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: connect -1 errno 1 Operation not permitted with specific user (nagios)

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 09:35:43AM -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> To the best of my knowledge, raw sockets are not allowed inside jail by
> default. This might be your problem (as far as I know how nagios works).
>
> To allow raw sockets you can do
>
> sysctl security.jail.allow_raw_sockets=1
>
> then you need to restart at least the jail inside which your nagios
> instance lives.
>
> To make the above enabled at boot time you can add the following line into
> /etc/sysctl.conf
>
> security.jail.allow_raw_sockets=1
>
> BTW, beware: this affects all jails.

All correct.

Putting this in /etc/rc.conf:

jail_${JailName}_parameters="allow.raw_sockets=1"

does not allow every jail access to raw sockets.  There is an example in
/etc/defaults/rc.conf.

If you are using ezjails, just add that with a leading "export " the to
the end of your /usr/local/etc/ezjail/${JailName} config file.