Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:40:03 GMT
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: usb/145513: New USB stack: no new devices after forced usb flash detach

The following reply was made to PR usb/145513; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To: Mikle Krutov <nekoexmachina@gmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-usb@freebsd.org,
 freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 19:29:43 +0200

 On Thursday 08 April 2010 19:14:03 Mikle Krutov wrote:
 > On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 01:52:50PM +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > That's because the UMASS detach is hanging, most likely.
 > >
 > > Try to break into the kernel and get a backtrace.
 > >
 > > --HPS
 >
 > Hi,
 > I unfortunately could not find any info about how do i do this. Could
 > you provide me some link?

 Add:

 options         KDB                     # Enable kernel debugger support.
 options         DDB                     # Support DDB.
 options         GDB                     # Support remote GDB.

 When it hangs, enter this from the console:

 sysctl debug.kdb.panic=1

 Type

 alltrace

 bt

 bt all

 or something similar.

 Type "continue" when you are finished.

 You can also use CTRL+ALT+ESC key combination.

 --HPS