Date:      11 Oct 2001 09:54:56 +0200
From:      Knut.Syed@nhh.no (Knut A. Syed)
To:        Gavin Kenny <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does FreeBSD run on Dell Notebooks?

Gavin Kenny <gavinkenny@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> The current company standard laptop is the Dell Latitude C600. Has
> anyone got FreeBSD running on one of these? Any problems?

I have FreeBSD 4.4 running on one of those with a 3Com 3C556 NIC.

The DVD is detected, but I have never used it for DVDs, only CD-ROM:
acd0: DVD-ROM <TOSHIBA DVD-ROM SD-C2402> at ata1-master using PIO4

I had some problems configuring X, but I found the solution on
<URL:http://avis.lightband.com/david/rage128-howto.html>.  (I am
running XFree 4.1.0)

~kas