Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 2000 14:41:52 -0600
From:      Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>
To:        "William S. Duncanson" <caesar@starkreality.com>
Cc:        "Passki, Jonathan P" <jpasski@kpmg.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: emu10k1 (soundblaster live!) still crackling.

William S. Duncanson wrote:

> nope, i840 chipset:(
>
> It's also a relatively early rev of the card; I might go get a new
> Platinum 5.1 sometime and see if it has the same problem.

The card in my SMP box was purchased prior to the availability of a
value version, so it's probably one of the first revisions available
publicly. The only problem I ever had with this card was the first
revision of the NT drivers for the card were severely broken on SMP systems.

--
Drew Sanford
Systems Administrator