Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:18:59 -0700
From:      Ho-Jeong Joe Park <joepark@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   configuration for custom kernel

Hello,

I'm sorry to put multiple messages in short period of time.  I'm hoping that
someone can provide me a good reference of configuration file for custom
kernel.  I know there are LINT, and GENERIC files but I'm not familiar with many
terms in them.  For example, even if I have a math co-processor on my
motherboard, just like any other fairly recent PC, do I still need to add math
emulation line?  And there are so many options that I just get lost.  Can
someone send me a configuration file of working box, that's fairly decent PC?
Mine is PIII600, ATA33 with ATA66 HD, Ensoniq PCI sound card(es1371), NVIDIA
Riva TNT2 ultra, and 128MB ECC SDRAM.  (Dell Dimension XPS T600)

I just don't know what setting will optimize the performance.  I just uses a
copy of GENERIC kernel with few very obvious modification.

Thank you.