Date:      Thu, 07 Dec 2000 12:36:09 -0800
From:      Matt Wilbur <matt@efs.org>
To:        keith <keith@webair.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel / world out of sync?

Hey!

I'm really curious to hear anything you find out.  I'm having the EXACT
same problems, but have a different setup...

4.1R upgraded via binary upgrade (sysinstall) to 4.2R.

cloned the system disk (dump/restore) to another disk which is the nfs
mounted root for diskless clients.

the system itself is fine, vmstat, top, pstat all work.
the diskless client boots, mounts root, runs startup scripts...
everything works, BUT.
I get those exact same errors when I run vmstat.  top gives nlist
errors, pstat -s gives undefined symbol: _numvnodes.

I've rebuilt libkvm, rebuilt the kernel, ensured /dev/mem, /dev/kmem are
OK, /proc is mounted, regenerated ld-elf.so.hints, I have no clue what
is broken!  running top/pstat through ktrace, both are having problems
when the linker tries to resolve those symbols, from libkvm, it looks
like. (kldsym() fails)

I'm hoping that your solution will work for me too, in some way :)
Anyone?
Matt Wilbur
PRA, Inc.