Date:      Tue, 9 Jan 2001 15:08:51 +0100
From:      Maikel Verheijen <maikel@worldonline.nl>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with XFree86-4...

--/e2eDi0V/xtL+Mc8

Hi all!

Recently, I upgraded my machine at the office freom XFree-3 to  XFree-4. It
was working quite nicely, and I figured: what the heck, lets try it at home
too :) My videocard is in the list of supported cards, (NVidia riva TNT) so
I gave it a shot. To avoid getting all kinds of troubles with libraries,
and to make sure everything is back to the most recent versions, I decided
to deinstalll all packages, and to reinstall them after I finished updating
my XFree.

As you all may have guessed, it didn't succeed as planned. I did a binary
install of XFree86-4 (downloaded the package, and installed it with
pkg_add), and tried to configure it, using xf86cfg. My X then dumps core
with a signal 11.

I hope someone can help me with this... :)

I will attach my XFree86 log file.

TIA,

Maikel Verheijen.

--/e2eDi0V/xtL+Mc8