Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 96 10:25 WET
From:      uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org (Frank Durda IV)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD, Zappa & PCI

[0]Is this a serious problem?   What does the class=bridge[not supported]
[0]mean?

[1]The confusing `not supported' message has been changed meanwhile into
[1]`no driver assigned'.  This is not a problem, since the BIOS usually
[1]has initialized the device, it's only telling that FreeBSD doesn't
[1]provide any handling of its own for it.

Perhaps we should change the message to "using hardware defaults" or
"no special handling" or just don't say anything at all if we aren't doing
anything special.

Both "Not Supported" and "No driver assigned" sound a lot like something isn't
supported or configured properly (ie, perhaps the kernel could not find the
driver on disk, etc.).  This looks like a question-generator to me.

Frank Durda IV <uhclem@nemesis.lonestar.org>|New 1996 quotes being loaded...
...letni!rwsys!nemesis!uhclem               |