Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2019 17:01:50 +0000
From:      Lorenzo Salvadore <phascolarctos@protonmail.ch>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: The mysterious kern.maxswzone

> Victor Sudakov wrote:
>
> > I have a small 11.2-RELEASE-p8 i386 system with 512M swap and 256M RAM:
> >
> > swapinfo
> >
> > =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> >
> > Device 1K-blocks Used Avail Capacity
> > /dev/mirror/gm0s1b 524288 29656 494632 6%
> > I guess it's not an extraordinary amount of swap for this amount of RAM=
.
> > However, on boot I see the warning:
> > warning: total configured swap (131072 pages) exceeds maximum recommend=
ed amount (113792 pages).
> > warning: increase kern.maxswzone or reduce amount of swap.
>
> Anyone?

I am not an expert on the topic, but since you lack an answer I'll try.
What is the problem exactly?
You only want to get rid of the warnings or something does
not work properly?

Assuming you just want to get rid of the warnings try to do as suggested.
According to the output of "sysctl -d kern.maxswzone" this variabile regula=
tes
the maximum memory for swap metadata. In my case it is 0: probably this mea=
ns
"do not set any maximum", "use as much memory as you need". You might
want to set the same value. In any case, I suggest you write us what your v=
alue is.

This might be related (not sure):
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4029838/determine-page-table-size-for-v=
irtual-memory