Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2002 18:18:07 -0700
From:      Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup servers don't respond, but do respond to a ping

Sooo, on Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:34:38 -0500 Christopher Schulte
<schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org> wrote:

> At 03:34 PM 4/23/2002 -0700, chip.wiegand@simrad.com wrote:
> >I've tried all the US cvsup servers. I can ping them all and get a
> >response,
> >but cvsup itself just ends with the message
> >Connection Refused. At home I have no problem.
>
> Congratulations, you're probably behind a firewall of some sort.  Ask
> your firewall admin to open up access to remote 5999/tcp.

Yep, you were right. I changed the defaultrouter to a differant gateway
(we have two at work), and it works fine now. The first one is
administered remotely from Norway (I'm in Seattle), and the security
admin won't change anything on that firewall.

--
chip