Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 2014 08:50:53 +0200
From:      Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PowerPC Packages

Am 25.06.2014 16:23, schrieb Justin Hibbits:

> As I mentioned earlier, you can set "FAVORITE_COMPILER=gcc" in
> make.conf, and it'll build with gcc47.

And break all ports that require a boost .so library on any system that
uses clang for its base compiler.

If you use gcc47 to compile, you must still make sure that the default
ports c++ library is used, else you break all ports that require boost
on 10+ systems that use libc++ by default.

Does FAVORITE_COMPILER achieve that?