Date:      Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:23:31 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mouse

Rick Knebel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using a box so that i can use I keyboard, mouse and monitor with
> my Freebsd box and my windows box.
>
> My mouse is a Microsoft wheel mouse.
>
> It works fine when I am in freebsd but if i go back to windows and
> then return to freebsd the mouse goes crazy. I move it across the
> screen and all the boxes start to pop up by themselves.
>
> I have to reboot to get it to behave.
>
> It worked fine when redhat was running.
>
> I get messages from the kernel that says the mouse or pointing device
> is out of sync.
>
> Anyone ever run across this problem?

I think you will find 100's of messages on this in the archive. I
think they all start out with something like psintr and etc.

I think it also sounds like you have a manual switch instead of one of
these smarter ones that you can switch to the other computer while one
is booting. They seem to lose track after the switch.

Kent

> I am running 4.1
>
> Thanks
> Rick