Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:45:06 -0700
From:      Michael Collette <metrol@metrol.net>
Subject:   Thinkpad USB out of sleep mode

One more silly question about this Thinkpad.  I picked up an HP 6300 scanner
with a USB interface to use on here.  After a some serious futzing around, I
managed to get it working properly.  Only front end it seems to really like
is Kooka out of KDE.

Anyhow, as I drag this laptop around quite a bit, I put it into sleep mode
pretty regularly.  When it wakes up, it can no longer access the scanner.

The only way I've found to get the scanner to talk again is to reboot the
laptop.  Ack!  Even restarting usbd doesn't seem to have any impact on this.
Unplugging and plugging the scanner in doesn't seem to have any impact at
all.

Is there some tweak I'm missing someplace?  Is there some way I can force the
USB port to reset?  Anything at all I might try to not have to reboot every
time I want to utilize this scanner?

Later on,
--
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark
to read."