Date:      30 Jan 2001 13:10:05 -0800
From:      david@metalogik.com
To:        msmith@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: idea [was Re: apm in fxp driver (4.2-RELEASE)]

On Tue, 30 January 2001, Mike Smith wrote:

> The problem is that the fxp driver doesn't understand being suspended;
> the stuff in -current just helps when it comes to waking the card up the
> first time, but it doesn't deal with the need to shut down and then
> restart the controller on suspend/resume.

so what do i do at this point?  is someone working on it or should i look into it (which i have no idea where to start then)?

some others on the list have said that the fxp driver was working for them with power management, i have heard this from people claiming to be runnning 4.2-RELEASE and -CURRENT (or something close to it).

i may be new to this code, but i am certainly willing to try and learn and help out....i really appreciate the help that people have been giving me so far, putting up with my ignorance with respect to the code.

cheers,
    david j harding - david@metalogik.com
  metalogik industries