Date:      Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:15:01 +0100
From:      opel@conti.de
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help? Matrox unknown chipset (0x0521) rev. 1

I've received the CDRom-Distribution 2.2.7 a few days ago and I'm not
familiar using it at the time, but the setup seems to be correct now.
I had a look a look at all the messages when booting with -v option and
coudn'd find any errors or conflicts. I use a new kernel with
sound-driver.

Unfortunatly my X resolution is limited to 320x200 dots...
startx reports: "Matrox unknown chipset (0x0521) rev. 1..."
and uses a generic vga driver. I've coosen XF86_SVGA server and found a
driver for my "Matrox Millenium II AGP" as part of the distribution.

I'm running out of ideas now, what to try next. However, the grafics
adapter isn't faulty, it works i. e. with Windows-NT.

Thanks for any help!
Greetings from Hannover/Germany
--
Martin Opel

ICA GmbH c/o Continental AG, Central Systems Management
Jaedekamp 30, D-30419 Hannover
+49-511-976-3967 (FAX -3758)