Date:      Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:23:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      user <user@dhp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   cannot burn a CD with plextor atapi cdrom drive on 5.4-RELEASE

I have:

#dmesg|grep acd
acd0: DVDR <PLEXTOR DVDR PX-708A/1.01> at ata0-slave PIO4

which comes up as acd0 in /dev - I can mount cds in this drive just fine
with:

/dev/acd0               /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0       0

So far so good.

I put in a new blank CDR.

I run:

burncd -f /dev/acd0 data ./test.iso fixate

I get:

burncd: ioctl(CDRIOCNEXTWRITEABLEADDR): Input/output error

and now my dmesg contains:

acd0: FAILURE - READ_TRACK_INFO ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00
error=4<ABORTED>

Why is this happening, and how do I change my recipe to make burning a cd
(which should be very simple) work ?

Thanks.