Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:23:49 +0200
From:      "Fredrik Carlén" <fredrik.carlen@futurniture.se>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   vmware configuration on 4.0-RELEASE

Hi! I am a web programmer trying desperately to get away from my NT
environment, and I have therefore tried to get VMware running on
FreeBSD4.0-RELEASE (since I have to check how my webpages look and
function in Internet Explorer and Netscape on WinDOH$). However, I
can't make the configuration wizard understand where 'netscape' and
'grep' is located...simply by not being able to choose (in the Motif
file chooser) "/usr/local/" or
"/usr/bin/" where they are located. No problem in finding them in bash
(or sh, for that matter).

The problem could very well be that my license is for v1.0, and I am
running the version offered in the ports collection.

Any suggestions, anyone?

Should I get a 'proper' license first, before bothering y'all again?

/Fredrik in Stockholm, Sweden
fredrik.carlen@futurniture.se