Date:      Fri, 25 Sep 1998 21:02:10 -0500
From:      "George Vagner" <vagner@kf7nn.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   3 scsi drives and 1 ide

i installed 2.2.6 on a test system that has 3 scsi drives
and a ide hd and an ide cdrom.

the first 2 drives are 340M quantum and i used one
for / and one for /var the other drive is a
seagate 1080 M scsi and i installed /usr and
swap there.

i am getting a bios limit error when trying to
boot up off of the first 340 meg drive.

i have tried unplugging the power cable of the 2 other drives
to see if it can even attempt to boot
but keep getting

Error C:1456 > 1023 (bios limit)

this is perplexing me since the first drive is only 340 Meg
and well below the 528 Meg limit or whatever.

I have installed osbs on the ide hd so i can boot from
the different drives but it always gives me this error
when i try and boot the first drive and the other
drives are not bootable ( of course).

i tried to send this to the list but i guess it didnt make it thru
i didnt see it show up.

George