Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:44:02 -0500
From:      "Raja Velu" <raja@micronetusa.com>
To:        "'Nick Rogness'" <nick@rogness.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Port re-direction using NAT/IPFW

> > Hi All,
> >
> > We have a FreeBSD 4.4 setup running IPFW/NAT. We host web sites for
> > several domains using Apache's virtual domain feature. We use Apache
> > 1.3.20.
> >
> > One of our customers has web content that includes Microsoft's ASP
> > pages, for which we need to host them on a Windows server. We have a
> > Windows 2000 Server behind our firewall, which can probably do the
> > hosting.
> >
> > My question is this: Can I re-direct requests for this
> particular site
> > alone to the Windows 2000 box sitting inside and continue to service
> > requests for other web sites from the FreeBSD box? I know it's
> > probably possible to do this if the site we're hosting on the Win2k
> > server uses a port other than 80. Is that the only option though?
> >

> 	Not unless it is on a different port (not 80) or has a different
> 	public IP in which you can translate.  Although, there may be a
> 	way through apache to handle something like
> this...maybe with the
> 	ReWrite Engine or some other facility.

I think I'll take your first suggestion. So, if I use a different public IP,
I guess I'll have to run 2 instances of NAT. Can I do this using a virtual
IP as my second public IP or do I have to put another network card in my
box? I tried running a second instance of NAT on my virtual public IP and it
came back with this error:

# /sbin/natd -f /etc/natd2.conf -p 8669 -n xl0:0
natd: unknown interface name xl0:0

Is there any way I can get around this???

Thanks for your help.

Rgds,
Raja