Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:12:25 -0700
From:      James Long <list@museum.rain.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is /usr/ports/net/samba fixed? (FreeBSD-SN-3:01)

A recent security advisory FreeBSD-SN-3:01 says that samba-2.2.8a is
affected by a security bug.  It also says that this bug has been fixed.
However my freshly-updated ports tree still has samba-2.2.8a as the
latest version of this port.

Has the fixed port been committed into the cvs database?  Will I see
a version greater than 2.2.8a when I have the fixed version?  If no,
is there a way to test whether the 2.2.8a I have is the broken version
or the fixed version?

Thank you!