Date:      Mon, 12 Dec 2011 16:00:28 -0500
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
To:        Daniel Lewis <innervisionnetwork@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing free bsd

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 02:36:04PM -0600, Daniel Lewis wrote:

> Im new to FreeBSD and did a FTP of 8.2 and unzipped to a cd rom. It
> was an ISO Version. I then FTP the CDROM BOOT file and un zipped it.
> Unfortunately It wont auto start when i put disk in computer startup.
> Need support.. Is the windows format on disk causing problems?

Well, the .iso files you get from the FreeBSD distribution are ISO
image files that need to be burned directly to a disk.  There is no
other processing or formatting that may be done.

I do not know what you mean by 'unzipped to a cd rom'.  I have never
done anything that sounded like that.

You should just download the .iso file and burn in to a fresh cd
and fixate it.  Then boot it.

////jerry