Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 2015 20:05:09 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        Michael Iline <michael.iline@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>, "freebsd-mips@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mips@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: No serial read access on WR1043ND v2.1

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 04:23:20PM -0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> you may have to solder something on the board - sometimes they don't
> populate resistors or 0 ohm links.
>
> That photo looks like they're all populated though. Hm.

I would measure the unconnected RX pin voltage.
It should be pulled high by a resistor as they can't left it floating.
If you measure no voltage at that pin it likely means that it is
not connected on the board.

Another thing to test is playing with the bps-rate.
120000bps seems an odd datarate, but unless it is precisely measured
it could be anything else.
The receiver on the router might be more picky about matching speed
than your computers serial.