Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 06:41:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        peter@gcsl.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 3940UW

> BUT it is'NT. There is no 3940 in any of the lists, it probes device
> PCI0:18:0 and finds the adapter there but at the end of the line is says
> [no driver assigned].
>
> ANY IDEAS ?

Yes, show us the messages that you see!  The ahc driver is in the
generic kernel, but I don't think you can see it in the default
configuration menus.  It is not a configurable driver, and you
have to explicitly show these when in the configuration menu (I
forget how to do this).

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org