Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2013 21:32:28 -0500
From:      Glen Barber <gjb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
Cc:        Gustau =?iso-8859-1?Q?P=E9rez?= i Querol <gperez@entel.upc.edu>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acpi resume related patch

--mdGUb96ZZNqpHCXz

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 06:22:28PM -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> Very much the same on my ThinkPad T520. Suspend looks fine. Resume
> turns on the backlight, but that's about it. No wireless and no
> display. The power light continues to pulse, indicating the system
> still considers itself suspended.
> 9.1-STABLE amd64 updated today. Patch applied cleanly. Intel Wireless
> card (iwn driver) and with KMS. Resume has never worked on this
> system.

To regretfully add a "me too", I have similar problems with my Asus X53E
laptop.

Suspend works fine.  When I resume, X resumes fine - just long enough
for me to see things "resume", indicating networking works, processes
are resuming, etc.

Things go downhill once I become hopeful.  If I run top(1) before
suspending, uptime can vary from anything from a few minutes, to a few
days.  (Sometimes, even runs backwards.)

I _think_ I've narrowed down the "things go to hell" point to human
input - mouse, keyboard, specifically.

Glen

--mdGUb96ZZNqpHCXz

--mdGUb96ZZNqpHCXz--