Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:44:32 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "Michael O. Boev" <mike@tric.tomsk.gov.ru>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: question on security/cyrus-sasl port (again :)

From: "Michael O. Boev" <mike@tric.tomsk.gov.ru>
> Greetings!
>
> Forgive me my silly question, may be it's just a typo in pkg-install that
> mesleads me.
>

> Q:What's the purpose of adding user daemon to the group cyrus?
>
> In any case, the error message in pkg-install says it
>
>      can't add user ${USER} to group ${GROUP}
>
>  (expanded, can't add user "cyrus" to group "cyrus"). The command it
> executes is:

Your correct in that the above is a typo, it should have read "can't add
user 'dameon' to group ${GROUP}".

Currently, I am not sure why user daemon is being added to the cyrus group.
When I created the cyrus-sasl port, I had copied the pkg-install file from
the old cyrus 1.5 port, which had been adding the daemon user to the cyrus
group.  I suspect it had something to do with either sendmail/postfix when
using the cyrus deliver program.

Since we don't know what the daemon user is for, I'll be removing it in the
next update.

Scot