Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:06:22 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0 will ship with NODOC=YES

Unless the docs people can actually make the doc tools build
again and successfully format the docs under -current. :)

Sorry for what sounds like a threat of sorts, but I've been building
the -current snapshots with NODOC=YES for months now because that
aspect of release building just hasn't worked for ages, and if it's
not fixed then I'll have little choice but to continue doing so.  This
will mean that no handbook/FAQ/etc get distributed as part of the doc
distribution and I certainly don't see that as a good thing.  JFYI!

Tail end of last failure (as of this morning):

===>   Generating temporary packing list
strip /usr/local/bin/jade
strip /usr/local/bin/nsgmls
/usr/libexec/elf/strip: /usr/local/bin/nsgmls: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/textproc/jade.
*** Error code 1

- Jordan