Date:      Thu, 8 Feb 2001 02:04:15 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Justin M." <JSMolinaro@hotmail.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Partition Problem

> I got about a 10gig disk partitioned and I'm tying to get Freebsd set up
on
> the D: partition.  I am getting a funny error message that I have not
> figured out a way around yet.  If you have any advice please let me know.
>
> This is what I see after an installation attempt........
>
> F1 Dos
> F2 FreeBSD
>
> Default F2
>
> No/boot/loader
>
> >> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
> Default: 0:ad(0,a)1kernel
> Boot:

I have had this problem on one of my servers every since the 3.4-R days
(It's now running 4.2-S.)
The strange thing is that I've got two identically configured servers and
the problem only occurs on one of them.

What I do is at the Boot: prompt I type in "/boot/loader" (without the
quotes) and hit enter, and the thing boots up fine and dandy.

So that's how you can get it working in the meantime, and hopefully someone
will enlighten us about the real solution.

--
Matt Emmerton