Date:      Mon, 2 Dec 1996 16:24:12 -0600
From:      Raul Zighelboim <mango@staff.communique.net>
To:        "'hardware@freefall.freebsd.org'" <hardware@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        "'questions@freefall.freebsd.org'" <questions@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   options     AHC_TAGENABLE

Hello there!

I am told that enabling this may improve performance on my news server,
but I am also
told that this options may call for disaster!.

So, the wuestion:

How safe is it to enable this on an adaptec 2940W with a seagate elite
hard disk.
If bad, will it just crash the machine (so I'll reboot with a new
kernel) or corrupt the
data on the drive (so I'll have to hang myself).

Thanks.
Raul Zighelboim
mailto:mango@communique.net
Communique Inc.