Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:01:35 +0100
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        Dexter X <dexterx@montana.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Question

No, I haven't seen anything like you said.

     TfH

PS : please, keep all recipients of the original messages CC'd (else, it would be consulting, and I won't be cheap !)

Hiya, I got another e-mail from someone else telling me to check the info
on the partitions in the Novice install section..and sure enough, everytime
I install FreeBSD, after i've rebooted the computer the  /    /var  and
/usr     parts are all turned back to <none>   They are there..just not
defined as /usr  /var and /
The swap part still is fine..this is real odd..he said he had the same
problem and just gave up :(  You ever heard of that happening?  no matter
what I seem to do while installing that happens..and I know the Exactly
what it says before I reboot is

wd0s2a  /    50mb   USF Y
wd0s2b SWAP  261MB  SWAP
wd0s2e /var  20mb   USF Y
wd0s2f /usr 2164mb  USF Y

After I reboot it goes to  -

wd0s2a <none>  50mb  (i forget)
wd0s2b SWAP   261mb  (i forget)
wd0s2e <none>  20mb  (i forget)
wd0s2f <none> 2164mb (i forget)

You ever heard of this happening before? :(   well thanks for your time :)

Dex