Date:      Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:26:00 -0500
From:      Michael Clark <MClark@Nemschoff.com>
To:        'Brian ' <Brian@bossbox.com>, 'FreeBSD Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Rid of those Windows Desktops!

Considering 5.3 is going to be stable soon, and the 4.x-5.x upgrade
is not recommended, I would install the 5.3 beta.  I have a good
desktop running on it at the moment and I didn't have to do any thing
unusual to set it up.

> Most of the boxes have fairly good specs, 1.9GHZ plenty of
> hdd space and
> lots of RAM.
>
> Can people recommend some nice window managers, email clients etc ?

I Have tried a lot of different gui programs and I seem to like these the
most:
IceWM, Evolution(thunderbird works well too), Mozilla Firefox, XChat2 or
IRSSI

> Or point to some documentation on building a secure stable desktop
> enviroment.
>
> I am doing my own searches too, I just like to hear from
> current users.
>
> Cheers
>
> Brian
>
> ---

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This electronic transmission, including all
attachments, is directed in confidence solely to the person(s) to whom it is
addressed, or an authorized recipient, and may not otherwise be distributed,
copied or disclosed. The contents of the transmission may also be subject to
intellectual property rights and all such rights are expressly claimed and
are not waived. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then
immediately delete this transmission, including all attachments, without
copying, distributing or disclosing same.