Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 21:43:10 -0800
From:      "Saffa Kemokai" <skemokai@sulima.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Setting up FreeBSD to accept call

Hi:

I am not sure now where to address this question. It never occurred
to me that I will need to access my own network this way but here is
my problem:

On 3/31/2000, I will let go off the dialup portion of my network. I
will maintain the domain hosting and other network stuffs. My setup
is about 15 miles away. I need to be able to dial into one of my 2
dns servers to access the Internet. I have a modem slapped on serial
port 2 of one of the FreeBSD boxes. I do not need to dial out from
this modem/box. I need to dial into (up) it to access the Internet
from home. I run FreeBSD 3.1 and 3.3. I don't care which one but I
will prefer 3.1 which is running on a box I like to use for this
purpose.

What do I need to configure on the FreeBSD to help me accomplish
this? I will appreciate any help to be able to have the setup working
by 3/31.

Thanks

<Saffa>

Sulima Internet