Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:51:39 -0500
From:      Mikel King <mikel@ocsinternet.com>
To:        nascar24 <nascar24@home.nl>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DHCP lease renewal

Not sure if you've found this already. One thing I used to do on an
older box was a simple cron job that ran a script which HUP'd the
dhclient every so often thus effectively renewing the lease...

If memory serves me it went something like....

    #!/bin/sh

    kill -HUP `ps ax |awk '/dhclient/{print $1; exit}'`
cheers,
mikel

--

Cheers,