Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 23:15:13 -0600
From:      Ralf Black <ralf@acadiacom.net>
To:        Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
Cc:        lfloyd@sonic.net, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbies list [was: partition spanning multiple drives]

Maybe you should change the name of the list to "freebsd-chat".

The name "freebsd-newbies" gives me to understand that I, as beginner,
could ask questions and they might be answered by a more seasoned
veteran. As you can see, the demand is here.

I used to be a subscriber to "frebsd-questions" and received an average
of 120 messages per day, but 95% are useless to me, because I didn't
understand what the talk was about. I don't know what questions are not
allowed in freebsd-questions, but noticed that newbies are used for
laughing stock on this list.

As for me, I don't run FreeBSD yet. But this could be a great mailing
list to evaluate the product and ask stupid questions without being
laughed at.

One last remark. I noticed that every FreeBSD mailing list has an
attitude proplem. I'm not surprised that people buy Windowze and point
and click away.

Regards,
Ralf Black