Date:      Fri, 02 Jun 2000 14:53:42 +0100
From:      "Giulio Di Gio'"@FreeBSD.ORG:Battista <culio@freeuk.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   lpd, lpr or (hope not) kernel conf.

FreeBSD  3.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE #0: Thu Dec 30 02:57:15 GMT
1999     jkh@highwing.cdrom.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC  i386

Below is the error message that I get when I try to print, I have been
trying unsuccesfully to find out why for a couple of days. At first,
after configuring printcap, if I clicked print from whatever application
it worked, but the output was terrible and I couldn't stop paper getting
in and coming out of the printer. I think I messed up while trying to
configure the filter.

Jun  2 14:25:55  lpd[1089]: /dev/lp: No such file or directory

Please help

Regards

Giulio Di Gio':Battista