Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 21:49:58 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@frozenfeelings.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Updated system, now update ports?

Well, now I have synchronized my system's sources using CVSup. I've also
"made world" and it wasn't at all as hard as I expected. BUT: I think I
have to update my ports-collection as well, since the ports collection of
my *old* system (before syncing sources and making world) obviously won't
compile. So I thought I'd get the whole /ports dir from an FTP-Server. I
would then rm -r my local ports dir and place the new one there. Is this
the *correct* way to do it? I think so, but I thought I'd better ask first
because I don't know if deleting my current ports dir in order to install
a new one will harm something (for example the database in which the ports
I have already built are installed).
I hope someone can tell me if what I'm planning to do is right, or ,if
not, how I should do it instead...

Thanks,
Nils