Date:      Mon, 30 Jun 1997 09:49:13 -0700
From:      VR <atgrim@thevine.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Third time is supposed to be a charm....

Yeah right! :(

This is the third time I have installed FreeBSD and the Third time that
it has refused to boot or even be recognized. I have FreeBSD 2.2.2 on
CD-ROM (I received the suggestion to make sure that my CD-ROM was
plugged in the an actual controller and not the sound card. It worked my
CD-ROM is recognized.) and I am trying to install it on a DEC 545 wide
SCSI HD. I go through the pertition excercise and then the lable
doohicky. I set up the partitions and give everything names. Then the
program asks what I want to install. I give it what I want and it goes
through it's hoops and finally I get to the configuration for XFree86.
Now, I should mention that this is the farthest I have ever gotten so I
was a bit excited. I was actually able to install some of the ports and
packages. After everything is said and done and it tells me to reboot,
the system boots into Win95. I attempt to look for the FreeBSD partition
and I am not able to find it. I try using OS-BS boot manager and I am
only able to see the Win95 partition.

Please, I beg all the kind spirits in the land of UN*X... Please explain
to me what I have done wrong and what I can do to appease the UN*X
daemon!!

Thanks in advance,
Vincent Rodriguez
"Wanabee UN*X expert..."